Influenza Surveillance and Contingency Plans
- International Bodies
A list of international public health, animal welfare and food safety bodies that monitor avian influenza outbreaks, develop international pandemic plans and coordinate the international crisis response.
- Country Plan List
A list of those countries with publicly available national pandemic preparedness plans.
- Countries (by region)
A country-by-country list of public health bodies, contingency plans, and news of influenza outbreaks (by region).
- Countries (alphabetical)
A country-by-country list of public health bodies, contingency plans, and news of influenza outbreaks (alphabetical).
- County under construction
- City under construction
- Hospital under construction
↓ edit · top ↑
Google Earth screenshot
see Declan Butler’s outbreak map
see also the map section on the links page. For maps of local or regional concern, see the regional and national pages linked to at the top of this page.
Swine H1N1 influenza outbreak maps
Avian influenza outbreak maps
- Indonesia maps from Flu Wiki
- Public Health Mapping and GIS Map Library from WHO
- HEWSweb from the Interagency Standard Committee A collection of daily updated maps about Avian Influenza (analysis poultry and human population density, H5N1 incidence tracking, Avian Influenza animal outbreaks and swamp marsh areas)
- Online NewsHour with Jim Lehrer - Bird Flu: Spread of the H5N1 virus Interactive map of human and avian outbreaks
- H5N1 Wild Bird Flu Outbreaks A map of suspected and confirmed outbreaks of H5N1 avian influenza along the migratory paths of wild birds by Dr. Henry Niman of Recombinomics, Inc. (updated continuously). Note that many of these locations are based on media reports, and not necessarily confirmed by official authorities. Earlier maps: May · June · July · Aug 10, 11
- Google Earth map of avian flu country situations by Declan Butler, senior reporter for Nature Magazine. Requires Google Earth. (currently Windows-only · Macintosh beta · screen shot)
- FAO H5N1 avian influenza maps – Bi-weekly and cumulative maps of H5N1 avian influenza outbreaks. Sources: OIE, FAO and government sources. Compiled by the FAO.
- Dutch outbreak map
- Wikipedia map
- 2005 FAO H5N1 Outbreak and Worldwide Flyway Map A map showing outbreaks of HPAI avian influenza (type H5N1) and the major flyways of migratory birds around the world. FAO, dated 30 August 2005. Discussed in related article. See also the accompanying press release.
- Avian Influenza in SE Asia: Areas of Concern Map of areas at risk of bird flu outbreaks, compiled by the UN World Food Programme. Includes sub-maps of pig and poultry densities in SE Asia as well as a map of potential migratory routes of avian influenza via waterfowl flyways from SE Asia. (dated 25 July 2005) · pdf (2,2 MB)
- Human avian influenza A/H5N1 cases graphs by the WHO’s Regional Office for the Western Pacific. (updated continuously) · by onset date and country · by age group and country · by outcome and date of symptoms onset · by outcome and age group
- WHO map of H5N1 avian influenza in Asia An interactive map of animal and human outbreaks of H5N1 avian influenza since Dec 2003. Compiled by WHO-WPRO. (updated continuously)
- BBC - How bird flu has spread interactive map of cumulative human cases, outbreaks in birds, and bird migration routes Jan 2004 - Jan 2006
- EU map of H5N1 avian influenza in Asia A map of suspected and reported outbreaks of H5N1 avian influenza in animals and humans since Dec 2003. Compiled by the European Commision. Sources: OIE, FAO and WHO. (updated continuously) · jpg
- Cumulative human cases of H5N1 avian influenza since Dec 2003 A graphic showing reported human cases of H5N1 avian influenza, by country, since Dec 2003. Compiled by the European Commission. (updated continuously) · jpg
- Documented Avian Influenza Infections in Humans A map showing documented avian influenza infections (all strains, since 1997) in humans worldwide. Compiled by the European Commission. (updated continuously) · jpg
- Asia: Avian Influenza - Assessing the Pandemic Threat A map of avian influenza outbreaks in SE Asia compiled by the US State Dept. (dated 20 April 2005) · pdf (422k)
- HPAI Avian Influenza in China, Jan - Feb 2004 A map of suspected and confirmed outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian infuenza (HPAI) in China at the beginning of 2004. Compiled by the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). (undated) · jpg
- Outbreaks of H5 Avian Influenza in Asia, Jan - Mar 2004 A map of H5 avian influenza outbreaks (both animal and human cases) with first dates of reported animal outbreaks. Complied by the EU Commission. Sources: OIE, WHO. (undated) · jpg
View Recent Changes for this Category ·