Case Summary from the July 14 Posted News Reports.
Regional Color Code: EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, ASIA, NORTH AMERICA, AUSTRALIA/NZ, AFRICA
- NorthEast of Bangkok
- 7 provinces in Thailand’s northeast area have had birds die of unknown causes. 5 of the 7 provinces have had local tests come back negative for BF. Officials are still waiting on results from the remaining 2 provinces of Surin and Yas.
- Nakhan Ratchasina
- The number of people under quarantine for flu-like symptoms have increased from 30 to 34. Poultry from unknown causes have died in the area recently.
- Phichit Province
- A 32F, a 7 year old and a 12 year old with flu-like symptoms have tested negative for BF and have been released from quarantine. (This is the first time I’ve heard of these suspected cases.) They were in contact with chickens that died from unknown causes. The number of suspected BF cases in humans in this area have increased from a few per day to around 20 per day.
- Jakarta (Tangerang Regency/Cisauk Subdistrict/Cibogo Village)
- The WHO has officially confirmed the death of “AA” or “Astri Agustina” (age 3 or 4 years old) as being from H5N1. This marks the 41st BF death in Indonesia.
- Tomsk (Cherdaty/Zyryansk Region)
- 2 new BF outbreaks in poultry have been detected. A child with symptoms has tested negative and anti-virals have been given to fellow villagers as a precaution.